FAQs about Ioncube
How to install ioncube on localhost WAMP
- Go to http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php and download Windows loader-wizard (zip)
- Unzip the zip
- copy-paste loader-wizard.php into the root of your site
- call the wizard in a browser
- The wizard will tell you which loader file you need.
- Go to http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php and download that file.
- Copy-paste the ioncube loader file into the wamp folder
- Open php.ini
left click wampserver icon in windows toolbar > php > php.ini
- At the end of the file add the following line of code:
zend_extension_ts = "C:\wamp\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.5.dll"
If you are running windows in un-threaded mode:
zend_extension = "C:\wamp\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.5.dll"
- Restart your server.
- If this did not work read the installation instructions README.txt in the ioncubefolder you downloaded. And or get support at their website.
Why does my server need to support IonCube for the trial-version?
Because the extensions with trial-versions are encrypted with IonCube's technology to prevent against piracy. Most of what we do is free and open-source, but not these projects.
How do I know for sure my server supports IonCube?
To make sure your server supports IonCube:
- download ioncube-loader-helper.zip
- unzip the file
- upload ioncube-loader-helper.php to your server
- open http://www.domain_name.com/ioncube-loader-helper.php
- The helper-file will tell you if ioncube is running or how it can be made to run on your server, either in the config (ask you provider is easyest) or by run-time-loading. If all else fails, find help in Ioncube's support forum.
Do I need IonCube for pro-versions?
No. Only for the trial versions.