FAQs about Ioncube
How to install ioncube on localhost WAMP
- Go to Joomla Administrator BackEnd > 'site' -> 'PHP information'.
At the tab 'PHP info' you can find the following:
- 'PHP version' - i.e. PHP 5.3.0
- 'Loaded Configuration File' (php.ini) Path - i.e. c:\wamp\php5\php.ini
Make a note of the version number and the location of the file
- Go to http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php and download Windows loaders (zip)
If you can not work out which version you need, download the 'loader wizard' and follow the instructions included.
- In the downloaded zip file find the necessary ioncube loader. I.e. for PHP 5.3.0 you will need ioncube_loader_win_5.3.0.dll
(version of PHP you've checked at point 1)
- Put ioncube loader into the wamp folder, i.e. "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.0.dll"
- Open php ini (path to it you've found at the point 1) and add at the end of the file the following line of code:
zend_extension_ts = "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.0.dll"
If you are running windows in un-threaded mode:
zend_extension = "C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\ioncube_loader_win_5.3.0.dll"
- Restart your server.
- If this did not work read the installation instructions README.txt in the ioncubefolder you downloaded. And or get support at their website.
Why does my server need to support IonCube for the trial-version?
Because the extensions with trial-versions are encrypted with IonCube's technology to prevent against piracy. Most of what we do is free and open-source, but not these projects.
How do I know for sure my server supports IonCube?
To make sure your server supports IonCube:
- download ioncube-loader-helper.zip
- unzip the file
- upload ioncube-loader-helper.php to your server
- open http://www.domain_name.com/ioncube-loader-helper.php
- The helper-file will tell you if ioncube is running or how it can be made to run on your server, either in the config (ask you provider is easyest) or by run-time-loading. If all else fails, find help in Ioncube's support forum.