heart add "Translations Manager" features to Language-File-Tool

More
9 years 7 months ago #4903 by baijianpeng
There is a component named Translations Manager for Joomla 1.5, I always use it to compare my Chinese language translations against original English language files coms with extensions itself. This Translations Manager component can help me to find out what is missing and what is redundant in my language files, and it can also add those missing lines to my language files to further translation.

When I work on a new extension, it can even create Chinese language files containing all English language strings if there is not a Chinese language file yet.

But, on Joomla 1.6 platform, there is no such a tool.

Your Language-File-Tool component is good to convert language files and convert extension files, but not good at this feature. Think about this: Translations Manager does not require copying files to specific folder, you just intall a component/module/plugin, it can scan the language folder and find out the language files, then create/compare/complement my translations.

So I hope Language-File-Tool component will include those greate features of Translations Manager, and become the most powerful translation assistant tool for Joomla 1.6.

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4908 by carsten888
thanks for your comment. we will consider this.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5632 by MStruller
Hello,

there is an project joomlacode.org/gf/project/com_localise/
but use the svn not files (old) com_localise is based on the Translations Manager

gr,
Micha

More
9 years 5 months ago #5642 by baijianpeng
hi Micha , did you really tried the com_localise component? I just tested the latest SVN code, but it can NOT run at all!

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

More
9 years 5 months ago #5644 by MStruller
Hi,

i have test the com_localiese component,
but only to view, it get errors but work, and it seem not all the things will do the work.
the last version is realiced a month old and i dont know where the team want publish the conmponent.

gr,,
Micha

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds