file item order

More
11 years 5 months ago #690 by nf1
item order was created by nf1
It will be a nice feature to have order override. For example I can set the primary order to most recent first. And in that to have the option to choose some of the items to be "promoted" (sticky, first, on top....) to be the first ones on the listings as long as they have the option enabled for them.
What do you think? Is it something that more people would like to see in PI?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #691 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:item order
unfortunately not possible in Joomla. PI uses the Joomla content table and the output at the frontend is from com_content and these features don't exist there, so I can't make them in PI. sorry.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by carsten888.

More
11 years 5 months ago #692 by nf1
Replied by nf1 on topic Re:item order
Ok, so it doesn't matter if it's wanted or not feature by more people :)

More
11 years 5 months ago #693 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:item order
Only if PI will ever get it's own frontend. But one of the strong points of PI is that it works so close within the Joomla system, so I'm not planning on doing this. Still so much else to do.

For features like this and others I had a look at template overrides. But as long as those are not installable in Joomla like any other extension, they will just be hacks and developers won't use them.

still a good point thou. I made a note of it and maybe when new Joomla functionality becomes avaiable this might be one of those things which could juice things up.

thanks for sharing your idea.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds