Due to health issues support is very limited

file SOLVED - Cannot work out why can't access Modules Manager

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #5236 by DavidBoggitt
Hi,

I'm trying to work out why a particular user can't access the Modules Manager in the backend. It's some setting I'm sure I've missed, but I can't find the darn thing!

The user is 'Administrator' in Joomla!

There are no page access restrictions.

The itemtype/article/section/category shouldn't matter should they?

On workflow, they can access the Joomla backend (which is working). I haven't got anything else ticked in there (which I think is the problem?). These are 'featured articles' modules and I want them to be able to edit the setting in these modules that dictates which articles are shown.

Under components, I've got Articles, Help and Modules Manager ticked.

On module access, I've only got Most Popular (mod_j15featuredarticlespro) ticked.

There's nothing ticked under Plugins and it is displaying the Admin User Access toolbar correctly.

Many thanks,

Dave.
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by DavidBoggitt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5237 by carsten888

The itemtype/article/section/category shouldn't matter should they?

no.
Probably the 'component access' setting does not give right for 'com_modules'.

Under components, I've got Articles, Help and Modules Manager ticked.

ah, you got that one.

What message do you get when the user tries to go to the module-manager?

Also check in the AUA config > tab 'module access' if maybe you enabled 'redirect away from module manager'.

More
9 years 9 months ago #5240 by DavidBoggitt
Replied by DavidBoggitt on topic Re: Cannot work out why can't access Modules Manager
Sorry, I should have put the error message in:

"you are not allowed access to this component"

I then gave the user access to all components in case I'd got the wrong one ticked somehow, but got the same error.

In module access in AUA configuration, use module restrictions in the module manager is ticked, but the redirect is not.

At the moment the site is on localhost, I'll get it onto a dev site if you think I've done everything I should.

Thanks,

Dave.

P.S. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please think about my feature request for filters. I was trying to assign access rights to articles earlier today to check everything was ok and it was so difficult :(

More
9 years 9 months ago #5242 by carsten888
The reason why your user can not access the module-manager is because you are not using the module-manager at all. You have installed the 'advanced module manager' by NoNumber. So if you want your user to have access to that component, configure rights for 'com_advancedmodules'. Luckily AUA is fully compatible with that component.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #5243 by DavidBoggitt
Replied by DavidBoggitt on topic Re: Cannot work out why can't access Modules Manager
Aha! Thanks for taking the time to look and reply so quickly. I love AMM so I'm relieved it's compatible :)

EDIT
Yep - working perfectly thanks :)
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by DavidBoggitt.

More
8 years 10 months ago #7144 by gcole54
Hello all,

Thought it would be better to reply to this post rather than make a new topic as my problem is directly related.

Anyhows, I've just installed your component and it's great! So thank you for developing, I'm eager to buy the full version, but I'm experiencing some challenges that I need help with please... my modules will not load for the user despite correct privileges being granted. I do not see any error messages, just a blank screen.

I am using com_advancedmodules, yet even with this disabled I experience the same problem.

I have tried making the 'System - Admin-User-Access' load first and last without any success.

I am not getting any error messages in my php-log, I am able to access the component no problems as a super administrator.

Admin-User-Access: version 2.4.0 (trial version)
Site Spec: Joomla 1.5
MySQL version: 5.1.61
PHP Version: 5.2.17

carsten888: I have sent admin login details to you, if you need them (I hope you don't :-D).

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Regards,
George

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds