Due to health issues support is very limited

file SOLVED - Cannot work out why can't access Modules Manager

More
8 years 10 months ago #7145 by carsten888
No rights are set fo component access to com_modules, which explains why the user can not access that component.

I see that for the advanced module manager component access is set. I created a user, assigned it to the group 'dad' and was able to edit modules. I guess maybe you already resolved this issue yourself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #7146 by DavidBoggitt
Replied by DavidBoggitt on topic Re: Cannot work out why can't access Modules Manager
When you say your modules won't load and you get a blank page, this doesn't quite make sense... do you mean the whole page is blank, or there are blanks where the module should be in the frontend, or the backend modules manager doesn't load?

You do know that NoNumber's extensions need PHP 5.3+ to guarantee they work don't you...?

Dave.

EDIT
Carsten got there first and I'd listen to him :)
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by DavidBoggitt.

More
8 years 10 months ago #7147 by carsten888
thanks David :laugh:

More
8 years 10 months ago #7150 by gcole54
Carsten/Dave,

Thanks so much for having a look at this for me. I'm still experiencing difficulties, even with using Carsten's test account he set up.

I realise it's hard to explain my problems through words, so I have put together a quick 5 minute video demo outlining the problem. If you watch it you can see exactly what the issue is... http://youtu.be/AZq17JGMnVQ

Dave, thanks for the note on PHP 5.3, I'm upgrading as we speak... the blank screen I was on about is in the admin area when the user clicks the 'Modules' menu item. The screen is completely blank, and not returning any errors...

Thanks again for all your help! Excellent component!

Regards,
Paul

More
8 years 10 months ago #7151 by carsten888
nice video :)

I'm puzzled. I really did get this going and tested it. Can you re-activate my admin account?

More
8 years 10 months ago #7152 by gcole54
Hello Carsten,

Your admin account is still active under the same username and password as what I sent through to you. Please let me know you want me to set you up a new one...

Thanks again, glad you liked the video!! HAHA!

George

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds