Due to health issues support is very limited

file Using Access Manager to gain access to certain pages within a Component

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8302 by ScottAMJ25
Access Manager is being used so that certain users within Joomla can access a component named Virtue Mart.

Within Virtue Mart there's a section called Orders.

There are two people that need access to the Orders page of Virtue Mart. These two people are listed as Joomla Admins and they do have access to Virtue Mart but the problem is that when they click on the Orders page, they cannot see the Orders. The Orders are only seen if you log in to Joomla with Super User access.

I don't want to give these people Super User access just to see the Orders page. Is there anyway around the problem I'm having?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8327 by carsten888
You should ask on the VM forum. On one of my sites in VM a administrator can access the orders.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8329 by ScottAMJ25
You said

"You should ask on the VM forum. On one of my sites in VM a administrator can access the orders."

I posted a question for exactly this issue in the VM forum twice, days ago and no one has replied which tells me no one knows.

Since you are already doing it please tell me how.

Is it a setting in VM or Access Mgr?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8330 by carsten888
Currently Access Manager can only set restrictions to the whole component, not for particular views (like 'orders').

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #8331 by ScottAMJ25
I have two people that have Admin Access in Joomla and also in Access Mgr. These are the only two people that need access to VM and I've given them that access. The problem is that when they go to Orders they cannot see the orders on that page. I know that there are orders there as I log into as a super user. So if these people have access as an admin to VM as the whole component why can't they see everything in VM? Why would the Orders page not be seen?

You said "On one of my sites in VM a administrator can access the orders."

I have two of my many Admins with access to VM using Access Mgr. but they cannot see the Orders on the orders page. If they have access to VM how is it possible that one page is not showing the info that's on it?
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by ScottAMJ25. Reason: added some more info

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8332 by carsten888
What I am trying to say is that Access Manager can not restrict access to that specific orders page. Disable Access-Manager in the configuration and try with that user again. Can you see 'orders'?
If not, it clearly is something else preventing access. Maybe another access extension, or VM's own ACL.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds