Due to health issues support is very limited

file Using Access Manager to gain access to certain pages within a Component

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8333 by ScottAMJ25
Well if Access Mgr. cannot restrict access to a specific page even though access to VM is given to these two admins, what the heck could be wrong?

I am a super user so yes I can see the orders on the orders page.

What exactly do you have your settings set at in Access Mgr and VM so I can compare? Can you send me screen shots?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8334 by carsten888
On the site with VM there is no Access Manager installed. I think its VM's default behaviour to show the orders to the administrators.

I am a super user so yes I can see the orders on the orders page.

I mean, disable Access Manager and login as an administrator. Can you then see the 'orders' page? Probably not, because Access Manager can not restrict access to that page. Something else is restricting access. Another access extension, or VM's ACL (if there is any, I sure can not find it).

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8335 by ScottAMJ25
Can you please send me a screen shot of whatever page where it shows access settings for Admins?

Are you also saying to totally disable Access Manager?

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8336 by carsten888

Can you please send me a screen shot of whatever page where it shows access settings for Admins?

no. Joomla got ACL settings all over the place. Welcom to the wonderfull overcomplex world of Joomla ACL, read this: docs.joomla.org/ACL_Tutorial_for_Joomla_1.6

Are you also saying to totally disable Access Manager?

no. I just meant that to test to show you that access to 'orders' was not restricted by Access Manager.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #8337 by ScottAMJ25
I have Joomla 2.5 so that article is worthless as its for 1.6

Is that article referring to Access Mgr or to Joomla itself?

So at this point Access Mgr is worthless as its not doing what its supposed to.

This access to VM Admins is in the VM settings somewhere then? Where? Please tell me.
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by ScottAMJ25. Reason: added question

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #8338 by ScottAMJ25
What I am trying to point out here is that even with Access Mgr giving people that are listed as Admin's the ability to see VM, they can see VM but when they go to the Orders page, its blank.

If there is some setting in VM that needs to be changed, please tell me what it is and where it is.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds