file dumb question

More
9 years 9 months ago #4443 by N0MaD
dumb question was created by N0MaD
What does this tool actually do?

Do you need to make your own translations and does google use them for google translation?

How do you implement this in youre website?

Thanks in advance for any clarification Carsten :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #4445 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:dumb question
There are no dumb questions :)

The component got a few tools to work with language files. This is for extension developers, and Joomla developers.

- one tool can be used to check for completeness of all the lines in your extensions language file, against the actual php files. So its easy to find missing translation lines in the language files.
- a tool can help with google translating language files to 50+ other languages. So yes, you need a language file first to translate.
- there is a tool for converting language files. If you are an extension developer with extensions for Joomla 1.5 and you want to convert them to the new Joomla 1.6 format, this is the perfect tool that will save you hours of work.
- tool for converting extension-files language referentces in the php files from the older Joomla 1.0 format to Joomla 1.5 or 1.6 format.

Do you need to make your own translations and does google use them for google translation?

to translate a language file, you need to first create a language file, yes. Just one.

How do you implement this in youre website?

It is a tool for working with language files, so best to use this on your development server or localhost (WAMP, XAMP or so). Maybe I don't understand your question. Please refrase.

More
9 years 9 months ago #4452 by N0MaD
Replied by N0MaD on topic Re:dumb question
I thougt it was some kind of module like you have on the right side of this site where visitors can translate the site in there language.

I havent really looked into working with language files and google translate jet so i guess i must learn some thing about that first.

My goal is to find a usefull tool/modul/plugin that will make my site multi language without manually rewrite every thing. Google translate seems to be the easiest way but has allot of silly translation failures in for example dutch to english. So the most ideal thing would be having control over the translation mistakes by correcting them and that the corrected version will be shown to the viewer.

Maybe this is what youre tool does but like i said i don't know to must about the whole language file thingy so i will look into that first.

Thnx

More
9 years 9 months ago #4453 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re:dumb question
The translation module used in this site is module Gtranslate.

The language file tool has nothing to do with that.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds