question-circle Language file conversion problem

More
9 years 7 months ago #4895 by baijianpeng
Language file conversion problem was created by baijianpeng
Today I tested Language-File-Tool component v1.2.0 on my Joomla 1.6.1 to convert a language file from Joomla 1.0 format to Joomla 1.5 format.

the original language file uses following format strings:
define('PFL_SELECT_USER', 'Select User');

I copied the J1.0 language file to folder _languagefiletool_langfiles_original, and then choose "convert language file" link, and clicked the button to start conversion.

Next, I got success message.

But, when I check the processed new language file, it only contains equal sign (=) in each line where should be correct language strings.

Maybe I don't know how to use this component. Could you please post some tutorials ?

Thanks.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4900 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re: Language file conversion problem
eeeeh. Yeah, that was a bug. I've fixed it, and got it working here. But as you say you just got "=", that sounds wierd. Here is the fixed version:
www.pages-and-items.com/downloads/com_la...tool_v1.2.1_j1.6.zip
Just install it over your previous version and try again. Please post back if that worked for you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4902 by baijianpeng
Replied by baijianpeng on topic Re: Language file conversion problem
Yes, this time v1.2.1 worked. I got Joomla 1.5 format language file after conversion.

Thank you very much.

www.joomlagate.com/

Chinese Joomla Users' Portal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
 
spicy-sacerdotal