file A few comments...

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #4967 by jk1
A few comments... was created by jk1
Hi,

although I'm not a developer, I used your component to get the broken language files in VirtueMart 2Beta3 working on my local xampp/Joomla 1.6 installation.

It seems to work pretty well already, but I nevertheless I have one or the other comment:

1. On the first screen I would include the instruction for the user to manually create the 3 directories listed below in the root directory (you mention only 2 of them) or do so automatically upon installation.

_languagefiletool_langfiles_original
_languagefiletool_extensionfiles
_languagefiletool_langfiles_processed

Otherwise it's a bit confusing - see here: Language File Tool confusion

2. For some reason it labels some lines as "unused" while they are actually in use.
Since I noticed in your forum registration that you apparently use VirtueMart - it tells me for example "not used = VM_PRODUCT_FILES_LIST_MNU" (en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini) , but actually it is in use and I have to add it again after clicking "clean up unused files"

3. the "details" links on the "check files" screen are not working.

Anyway - thanks for this tool!
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jk1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4972 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re: A few comments...
1. Thanks for telling me. I will add that.

2. Can you mail me which files you are trying to do this (extension and language file. I have send you a mail to reply). I check VM but they don't seem to use .ini for their language files at all. I would like to reproduce this. I got a sneaky suspicion that the language key might be used in a context which LFT does not check up on. So just don't clean up the unused lines. I will change it so it shows a big red warning. :)

3. Can't reproduce that. They work fine here.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4977 by carsten888
I fixed the language files for VM on Joomla 1.6 and posted a link in the above thread.

There was just such a list of things wrong with those files, LFT coould not just fix that.

I will check later if I can reproduce the above issues.

More
9 years 7 months ago #4978 by jk1
Replied by jk1 on topic Re: A few comments...
Hi,

I've downloaded the files and they seem to work well - Thanks! :)

More
9 years 7 months ago #4981 by carsten888
2. I double checked and VM_PRODUCT_FILES_LIST_MNU does not seem to be used in any of the PHP files. Why do you think it is used?

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #4982 by jk1
Replied by jk1 on topic Re: A few comments...
I'm shure it is used, because if I delete line 1960: VM_PRODUCT_FILES_LIST_MNU="Product Files", I see the missing line in the VirtueMart 2Beta3 administrator menu.

Products

* List Products
* Add Product
* View Inventory
* Special products
* Customer Reviews
* Product Type List
* Add Product Type
* VM_PRODUCT_FILES_LIST_MNU
* List Attributes

Update: The only place outside the language files where I can find "VM_PRODUCT_FILES_LIST_MNU" is the file "install_essential_data.sql". I have no idea why it is not included in the php files (I'm php illiterate anyway)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by jk1.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds