file Frontend?

More
9 years 1 month ago #6201 by marcushjortsberg
Frontend? was created by marcushjortsberg
Do you have any plans on making this tool work in frontend??

I have only seen one other lang tool to work frontend and that costs over $1000 (pro version)...

Would be nice!

I have made my own VERY simple frontend view in my component and that view stores lang strings in db and at will you can make a new lang file...would be nice to UPDATE a file instead of creating a new every time...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #6203 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re: Frontend?
why would you want to allow users to create language files from the frontend of your website?
Maybe you mean you want to allow users to set the language and auto-translate? Use the Joomla module Gtranslate for that.

would be nice to UPDATE a file instead of creating a new every time

in the settings you can tick the box to only translate new strings.

More
9 years 1 month ago #6204 by marcushjortsberg
Replied by marcushjortsberg on topic Re: Frontend?
I am using this feature just for me at the moment. I have plans on expanding my view to allow users (set by me) to modify or/and create new strings in languages that I don't have translations for yet.

And the creation of files is just for me, the users is just going to store them in db, then I create the files...

Good or bad thinking??

More
9 years 1 month ago #6205 by carsten888
sounds like fun :)

a bit like google where you can submit better translations for the google translations.

So you are using your extension for letting users do translations of your language files? How do I picture that? :huh:

More
9 years 1 month ago #6206 by marcushjortsberg
Replied by marcushjortsberg on topic Re: Frontend?
I have been working on my component for nearly 2 years (first 6 months was planning) and it contains about 40-50 views, a controller that has the size of 0.7mb, a lot of jquery, javascript and css stuff...I have learnt a lot making my component!

For example my component has a link collection view with a lot of categories in 2 levels that can be sorted and I use pagination, the view has a lot of features like reporting of dead links, clickcounter + more...

In the beginning of my work I was not very skilled so unfortunatly I made views for editing other views...not very good, but it works:) When I have the time I will clean it up:P

So about 10-15 views is just editing views.

To answer your question: yes that is the idea, to let users (that I have chosen) submit translations that stores in db (now, at the beginning just one submission for one string) and in time each submit get scored if the same string is given...plus that in the future all users that submit to my site (links, translation strings, other) get points that thay can use to get things cheaper in my site:laugh:

I know much of what I create exists but when people say "you don't have to create the wheel again", I say "just because Usain Bolt is fast, I don't have to lie down and die"...

And I plan on making a living on my site. Everything I create is on my live site and my site is almost just my own work, not much others!

More
9 years 1 month ago #6210 by carsten888
nice. I'm curious. please post here when you release.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds