heart No dumb questions

More
8 years 10 months ago #6735 by sinisap
No dumb questions was created by sinisap
Dear Carsten,

If it is not to much to ask is it possible to give me and others like me (not knowing much) insight how to set-up component once installed on site. On the first step - check language files / prepare it says:

1. Copy the extension to this directory in the root of this site '_languagefiletool_extensionfiles'. Make sure you also copy paste the frontend in there. The order or depth or nested-ness does not matter. This component will loop through all files as long as they are in this directory. (only .php)

Questions:

a. Should I copy downloaded ''com_language-file-tool_v1.2.4'' to sites root file even though I installed it through Joomla? (zipped or unzipped)

b. You say "Make sure you also copy paste the frontend in there". Question is. What frontend? And where it is?

c. You say: ''This component will loop through all files as long as they are in this directory. (only .php)''
In what directory? Root? and what (only .php) means? no other files will be loop-ed (checked), just .php?

d. And what should be written in those two boxes:
  • 6. Header in new language files.
  • 7. Suffix at bottom of new language files.

I hope this is not to much to ask (or dumb) :unsure:

Cheers, Sinisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #6738 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Re: No dumb questions
a. no, the unzipped files of the extension you want to check for language-keys.

b. If the extension you want to check is a component, then the frontend component files would be in components/com_componentname. The backend files would be in administrator/components/com_componentname.

c. the directory in your root as described at 1. Yes, only php files, because only those contain reverences to the language keys.

d. The header of the newly generated language files and the footer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds