Everything is for free!
Shop is closed.
Due to health issues support is very limited

file Admin-Help-Pages in Joomla Help submenu

More
7 years 1 month ago #9594 by Adam_NZ
Is the Admin Help component able to replicate its menu structure in the main (Joomla) Help menu item? As a drop-down with sub-levels, just like all the other Joomla functions.

Or is that what has just been discussed above?

Adam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9595 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Admin-Help-Pages in Joomla Help submenu
Not at the moment, but with the next update it will be responsive with a dropdown menu (on small screens). The component can import the Joomla help menu (pages > import), so then you would have the Joomla help with a dropdown, if that is what you mean.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9596 by Adam_NZ
Replied by Adam_NZ on topic Admin-Help-Pages in Joomla Help submenu

Not at the moment, but with the next update it will be responsive with a dropdown menu (on small screens). The component can import the Joomla help menu (pages > import), so then you would have the Joomla help with a dropdown, if that is what you mean.

I think we're on the same page, as it were (!) - pardon the pun! I mean this sort of thing:

... where the drop-down is the populated by/the same as the Admin Help Menu.

I know the full Admin Help Menu will be displayed once you've clicked on the "Help" item, but this saves a click and would be quite useful, I think.

Adam.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9597 by carsten888
Em.. Not sure I understand as this functionality is already integrated. Please check the free version. In the configuration the default on install is that the Joomla 'help' button becomes a link straight to the help pages popup. Or you can untick that box and let the menu-item 'Joomla! help' (under 'help') link to the help pages.
I that what you mean, or something else?

More
7 years 1 month ago #9598 by Adam_NZ
Replied by Adam_NZ on topic Admin-Help-Pages in Joomla Help submenu
I have the Pro version :)

Ticking either box in "Config/Help Pages" doesn't produce what I'm after: the Admin Help Menu populated with my customised Help Pages structure displaying in the top Joomla link/dropdown.

It either opens up a single Admin Help page or a list of external Joomla Help pages with a single link to an Admin Help page.

This is another go at a mock-up, using the default Admin Help items that come with the install:

Adam.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9599 by carsten888
[mod]I created a new topic for this as it was getting way too offtopic from the other thread[/mod]

Ok, that is clear. Sometimes an image can say more then a thousand words ;)
Hmm, that would only work if the menu-structure does not get any deeper then level 3, because that is all that is supported in the Joomla menu. I see you point, but I'm not sure how to overcome this problem.

Alternatively, you can do this with Admin-Menu-Manager.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds