Everything is for free!
Shop is closed.
Due to health issues support is very limited

question-circle Export - Import data

More
7 years 1 month ago #9600 by Krx
Export - Import data was created by Krx
Hi

I wonder, does this component support exporting - importing its data, so that it could be easily copied over many joomla installations?
My clients always ask for similar questions so it would be nice if this component would be able to export created content and to just import it on another website, without need to do it (basic help stuff) from scratch after every installation.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9607 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Export - Import data
The pages can be exported and imported. See pages > export.
Maybe you mean also all the set actions? If so can copy-paste the database table #__helppages_actions to the other website.

I will conside making an export-import for the actions as well.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9636 by Adam_NZ
Replied by Adam_NZ on topic Export - Import data
Great function to have - but I imagine any images referenced in the pages would have to be saved/re-uploaded separately?

I set up a new directory specifically for Help pages to make it easier to copy over.

Adam.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9637 by carsten888
The images from the Joomla help pages are online on the Joomla server and the help pages just point to them, so no need to import them into your own site.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9638 by Adam_NZ
Replied by Adam_NZ on topic Export - Import data
I think the user (and me!) means new custom/instruction pages created especially for the site (ie. not Joomla help pages).

If there was a way of creating an archive file that included all the SQL data *and* the images - which could then create the table entries and extract the images to the correct directory, that would be amazing. I suspect that would be a LOT of complex coding though.

Adam.

More
7 years 1 month ago #9639 by carsten888
3rd party components help pages can also be copy pasted. Open the components help page, and copy the content into a help-page editor. Most likely the images will display just fine, even thou they remain on the server of the components author. Obviously you can manually download the images from the downloaded help page, and then in the editor change the path of each image to the local image files. Automating this would be something part of a much bigger idea I got about importing helpfiles in general. So I'm certainly not done with this, but don't wait for this functionality to appear in the next version :)

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds