question-circle Default page text

More
4 years 2 months ago #10376 by NewUser
Default page text was created by NewUser
Hi there,

I purchased the full version a few days ago (on a different username). All is working well, thanks for the extension.

I have been trying to make one change. I would like a default value to be used on each users page, without having to create it manually.

I tried to do it myself in the database. In table "userprivatepage_pages" I tried the change the default value of "text" to some html. However MySQL apparently has a bug preventing me from doing this, resulting in this error message
#1101 - BLOB/TEXT column 'text' can't have a default value

I need each users page to have some HTML code already there so that administrators do not always have to copy/paste HTML into each new users page.

Is this something you could help with?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10379 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Default page text
This is exactly why there are custom redirect scripts.

What should be the default url?
If its one url for each user, why not assign it to the 'registered' group?

More
4 years 2 months ago #10380 by NewUser
Replied by NewUser on topic Default page text

carsten888 wrote: This is exactly why there are custom redirect scripts.

OK great I had no idea :S but I I don't want a redirect.

What should be the default url?

What URL do you mean?

If its one url for each user, why not assign it to the 'registered' group?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean by this URL.

I think you may have misunderstood my message. I do not want a redirect. I want default code on the private page to be there automatically without having to.... well I refer to my original message to save me retyping the same thing again.

Thank you.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10382 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Default page text
O sorry, I was hopelessly confused with something else. Igonre above posts.

You go to admin > User-Private-Page > configuration > 'default texts'.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10385 by NewUser
That does not work because when admin goes to the users page it's still blank and the admin has to cop/paste the code again, which is exactly what I'm trying to solve by changing the default value of "text" in the database.

If the default code appeared then it would be perfect. Is it possible to make it work like that? Thanks.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10386 by NewUser
When an administrator goes to a users private page, the page is always blank, even if there is default code put into the defaults. So the admin then has to go to the default settings, copy the code again, then go back to the users private page, and paste the code into the page. This has to be done manually for every new user, which can easily lead to problems because not every manager is competent with html and mistakes will happen.

So what I'm asking is, is there a way to set default code so that the admin can see it on already on the users page in the backend, because as it works now only the user can see the default code in the front end.

I hope this makes sense, I can add screenshots or show you what I mean on teamviewer if that would help.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds