question-circle Default page text

More
4 years 2 months ago #10387 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Default page text
the users page at the frontend is only displayed to the user. No one else has access, also no admin. So the preview is visible in the backend.

You can set the default text. Then when the text-field of the user is empty, the default text will be used. See administrator/index.php?option=com_userprivatepage column 'status'. Then click 'preview' to see what the user will see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #10392 by NewUser
Replied by NewUser on topic Default page text

carsten888 wrote: the users page at the frontend is only displayed to the user. No one else has access, also no admin. So the preview is visible in the backend.

You can set the default text. Then when the text-field of the user is empty, the default text will be used. See administrator/index.php?option=com_userprivatepage column 'status'. Then click 'preview' to see what the user will see.

That's not how it works. It's still blank when the admin goes to the user page. I do not want it to be blank I want a default value to be there, as I explained in my first message. Do you understand what I'm saying?

More
4 years 2 months ago #10393 by NewUser
Do you understand what I'm trying to say in my first message where I talk about the database? I's not rocket science :unsure:

More
4 years 2 months ago #10394 by carsten888

It's still blank when the admin goes to the user page.

And it will always be blank when the admin goes to the users page at the frontend. Because no one but the user can see that page, ever.

Maybe you mean the preview at the backend might not be what you are expecting? If so let me know and I will check your site.

About the database thing, this functionality is integrated in UPP so no need to hack the database.

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #10397 by NewUser

carsten888 wrote:

It's still blank when the admin goes to the user page.

And it will always be blank when the admin goes to the users page at the frontend. Because no one but the user can see that page, ever.

Maybe you mean the preview at the backend might not be what you are expecting? If so let me know and I will check your site.

About the database thing, this functionality is integrated in UPP so no need to hack the database.

I'm not talking about the front end. I never mentioned the front end and as far as I know it's not possible to view the users page on the front end anyway....

Components > Users Pages > Users (click on a name) > Here is where it is always blank even if there is default text.

How can I make it so that this page is never blank? I don't see where this functionality exists, or if it does it must be broken because the page is always empty, so the admin is forced to copy paste the content from the 'default' text for every new user.
I do not want to see or care about seeing any previews of anything.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by NewUser. Reason: typo and more info

More
4 years 2 months ago #10400 by carsten888
If that text is empty, then the default text is displayed to the user.

I will add this in text next to the editor in a next version just to clarify. And maybe also display a preview on the user's admin page, just so people who are expecting the default text to load in the editor, and won't look at the preview, know what is displayed to the user.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds