exclamation-circle ERROR: helppagesHelper

More
1 year 2 months ago #11126 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic ERROR: helppagesHelper
I just send you the final version.
If you don't find anything wrong with that, I will release.

Thanks for all the complement. I'm curious to hear what project you're thinking of.

1984. Wow you're first generation coder. Impressive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #11131 by RogerD
Replied by RogerD on topic ERROR: helppagesHelper
For this release I'm not sure exactly what the code changes could impact, so I could only do very basic testing vs targeted. I did a fresh install, open change and save config, left a comment, etc.

- - - -

from what I can tell this whole routine had been commented out in the last version and just removed here for clean up thus shouldn't be able to affect anything(?)

- - - -

Not sure I was much help for this release, but if you tell me what to look for I can run through it again.

Only thing I noticed that stood out is the new feature to hide all comment-stuff on admin is checked (hidden) by default. I feel like no one ever reads the docs of anything, might take them time or support questions for users to learn how to turn on commenting. Maybe should be unchecked by default so they can start using it immediately like in old version before this option. I'm sure you did it so they start with a less overwhelming interface.

- - - -

Ref project: I'll be working on the presentation this week and get it to you. If you have a preferred email addy other than what we've been using feel free to shoot me an email from it.

I feel 2.0 coming :)
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by superCarst3n888.

More
1 year 2 months ago #11132 by carsten888

from what I can tell this whole routine had been commented out in the last version and just removed here for clean up thus shouldn't be able to affect anything(?)

No realy.

Only thing I noticed that stood out is the new feature to hide all comment-stuff on admin is checked (hidden) by default.

Good point! That was plain wrong. I changed that in the install. Thx.

Ref project: I'll be working on the presentation this week and get it to you. If you have a preferred email addy other than what we've been using feel free to shoot me an email from it.

please info add this domain.

More
1 year 2 months ago #11133 by RogerD
Tested with downloaded 2.0 RELEASE
- - - -
GOOD: I checked lots of config boxes, re-installed and config was not overwritten (tested just because you merged all the RogerD keep in sync)

GOOD: user can edit comment for x minutes (I had always left it set until read by admin)

GOOD: Full uninstall of 2.0, installed 1.4, updated 1.4 to 2.0

GOOD: cron reminder via url

GOOD: cron status is emailed

GOOD: notify admin when user read comment

GOOD: pixel roll back

GOOD: version status: latest version = 2.0.0 :cheer:
(thank you for the release credit)
- - - -

Just keep them issues coming.

I did, all done :ohmy:

Enjoy the vegetable garden... if you need help on anything else do not(???) be afraid to ask. :evil:

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #11227 by RogerD
Just dropping to say "hey" and Happy (belated) New Year.

UPP been flawless!

Haven't forgotten about mentioning a project I was thinking of discussing with you. It's getting a bit bigger :)

Hope all is well.. Roger...

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #11228 by carsten888
:laugh: happy neweyear too! thx

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds