exclamation-circle ERROR: helppagesHelper

More
1 year 7 months ago #10908 by RogerD
Replied by RogerD on topic ERROR: helppagesHelper
my apologies for the creative screenshot, glued two together. I got the tag in title field working by placing "Hello" at the start of the line, as for click'n publish button, I'm using check boxes and the pub / unpublish button. But, it's weird and a curiosity now. When (if) I have time I'll do a fresh install and let you know. I love it matter what, really was a life saver.

FYI: php version 7.2.15

Now I'm eyeing your dynamic menu extension :)

thanks for the time and help,
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10909 by RogerD
I sent an email with a test site & login info if you wouldn't mind taking a quick look, it's the 6th install of joomla with same publish button error. Not a biggie, but be nice to figure out what's up. Thanks for your help and time, Roger

More
1 year 7 months ago #10910 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic ERROR: helppagesHelper
I mailed you

More
1 year 7 months ago #10911 by RogerD
I replied with login credentials for a fresh Joomla site, same two issues.

thank you,
Roger

More
1 year 7 months ago #10912 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic ERROR: helppagesHelper
I got the one issue fixed (the helper error).

Hopefully I will get enough time tomorrow for an update.

The other issue you had disappeared after installing the same version over it. So must have been an installation issue. Probably to do with the limited execution time on your server.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10914 by RogerD
The other issues I was referring to is if {email} is the ONLY thing entered in Title or Comment field from the front end instead of showing user email, it showed as the tag {email}. But, I just checked the test site and it is working now (I know it wasn't as I took a screen shot). Really weird! Leave that on the back burner!

However, if while you're digging around in the code I made a simple improvement you may want to add for users.

It lets you access the user group settings quickly as I find it handy to add / remove user group settings while working within UPP. All you do is click on user's id from within UPP (id column) and takes you right to the user > groups page (in a new tab / window).

In both userscomments default.php and userspages default.php I changed:

<td class="center">
<?php echo (int) $item->id; ?>
</td>

=== begin changed to =========
<td class="center">
<?php echo '<a title="Edit User\'s Group" href="index.php?option=com_users&task=user.edit&id=' . (int) $item->id . '#groups" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank">' . (int) $item->id . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
=== end changed to =========

Thank you.. your help is much appreciated!
Roger

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds