file Script tag not working

More
1 year 7 months ago #10899 by RogerD
Script tag not working was created by RogerD
Joomla 3.8.3
Version 1.2.1 (pro version)

As example I enter in either the title or body: {script 2} and that's exactly what shows on the front end, all the other tags work as expected. I also tried creating a new one, {script 888}, same result.

Thank you,
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10901 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic Script tag not working
unfortunately (just like your other post) I can not reproduce that.

maybe because you are using an older version of Joomla. Althou this has worked fine for years.....

Please double check if the script actually exists. The number is the id of the script, not the script's name. Maybe you don't have 888 scripts?

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #10903 by RogerD
Replied by RogerD on topic Script tag not working
I figured this one out: Correct, I didn't have 888 scripts, but that was the id generated and the {script 888} I wrote above was from a copy and paste, so no typos. I deleted that script and made another and it's id was 4 (maybe 5), just one higher than supplied samples, so we can write that off to some database glitch.

But, I did find a bug: If you place, as example, {email} in the TITLE field, and nothing else it displays as {email} on the front end. BUT, if you place anything at all BEFORE the tag, such as...
Hello {email}
...then it works fine. A few of the tags have this behavior, other works fine.

To reproduce: place the tag {email} and NOTHING else in the TITLE field.

EDIT: if a script tag is the ONLY in the title field it too does not work. That would be nice to remedy, if there is a line of code I can adjust feel free to share, thank you.

BTW, this thing is a life saver.. thank you so much for thinking / writing it up!

Thanks again,
Roger
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by RogerD. Reason: Found bug applies to {script #} tag, too.

More
1 year 7 months ago #10904 by carsten888
Thank you for that.

Unfortunatly I still can not reproduce. I think maybe when you copy paste from the html on the page, a html tag gets copy-pasted as well, which makes the content plugin not recognizing the code. So try in the title field, select all (ctrl+a), hit delete and then type '{email}'. Does it then work on your site?

More
1 year 7 months ago #10913 by carsten888
solved after reinstalling the component.
(just installing over the current install will do)

More
1 year 7 months ago #10916 by carsten888
Might be that your download was corrupted. So if reinstalling does not make it work, please read this FAQ:
www.pages-and-items.com/extensions/user-...tall_no_valid_folder

Its rear, but it does happen sometimes.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds