exclamation-circle url text replaced with "§"

More
1 year 4 months ago #11033 by progressionsp
url text replaced with "§" was created by progressionsp
Help! not sure why this started happening... part of a url "section" is replaced with "§" when I click save.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #11034 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic url text replaced with "§"
is this in an editor-field or a textfield?

If in an editor-field, can you please test in a Joomla rticle if it does the same there. If so, then it is likely the settings of the editor.

Whats the original url? Does it contain html or other code?

More
1 year 4 months ago #11035 by progressionsp
Replied by progressionsp on topic url text replaced with "§"
not sure what you mean by editor or text field? It's in the Script box under "Scripts". I did figure out that something was changing it because that part of the url was "&section"... so I guess something was seeing "&sect" and replacing that with the §... still not sure what is causing that though??? As a workaround i used the sef url instead and that worked okay- but I'd like to know what was changing the url so that I can fix the actual problem. any ideas?

Thanks

More
1 year 4 months ago #11037 by carsten888
Replied by carsten888 on topic url text replaced with "§"
Yeah that is kind of crazy. The &section is correctly in the database. But when on the page it becomes read as html. To prevent that you can use:
&section
Basically write the url in html format.

With Joomla articles this just works. Probably because it is saved as html. But the user-private-page scripts are saved as other code. If the php code will be saved as html-code, it would break the php script.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds